Tuesday, September 09, 2008

On Saturday Ethan Durelle played their last show. I started to type "my roommates band..." and then I wanted to say "some of my best friends..." or "oldest friends" or, something. They're a lot of things to me so Ethan Durelle they shall be.

Ethan Durelle broke up about two months back. People kept asking me all night if I knew the "real reason" for the break up. That's a ridiculous question. Sure, I have theories and I have had conversations with TJ and with Evan so I know how they are feeling about the band breaking up, but that's not the same thing. Why does any band break up?

The show was created to be an all day thing, starting at 11 a.m. and going until whenever Ethan wanted to stop (which ended up being about 1:45 a.m.). There were a lot of bands that we didn't watch, I even went home a couple times and tried to get sneak some life in but that didn't work so well.

All of my old roommates, all my old friends, everyone I have loved or fought with or missed was there at that show that day. We reunited. We laughed and hugged and held babies. And we watched bands. I will admit to having my faith in the Waco music scene restored. There is hope. There will be a rebirth. We've had nothing for so long. It is exciting to see that that might not have to be the case anymore.

Highlight of my day: Reeve Hunter

Reeve has been one of my best friends for a long time now. I have seen him preform more times than I can count. This was the best I have seen him play in a long, long time. Freaking good job, Reeve. Too bad you live so far away.

When it was finally time to watch Ethan Durelle, I was incredibly tired. We, the girls from apartment 92 (circa 2001-2002) found a good spot away from the crowds and watched as the boys played songs that they had written in our bedrooms and recorded in our kitchen. I missed Katie. She should have been there.

The show was fantastic. They played brilliantly with only a few minor mistakes on some old songs. They played all my favorite songs that I had forgotten existed. Chord and Casket specifically
.

After the show it was somehow decided (*Cough, Cough* TJ *Cough, Cough*) that people should come to our house and hang out. This occurred between the hours of 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning and 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning. I don't actually remember it very well, because I was so sleepy, but I do remember that a boy saw a possum in our chicken coop while he was peeing in the back yard.



Also! (this should just be a second post I think, well hmmm)

I am officially employed by Baylor but haven't started working yet. As soon as I do I am purchasing a computer. I will need it with this new job, and I will be able to "afford" it.

Sheeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do u remember that story you told me once? when u were in school at MCC? about the boy in the lab that you told you had a boyfriend, an he was a shark diving football player or something like that... it was histerical... do u have that written down somewhere ? if not you should :)